Headaches are, unfortunately, all-too-common in today’s society. Whether they’re from stress, neck pain, illness, sleep issues, or other lifestyle-related concerns, a bad headache can ruin an otherwise great week. At Berkeley Chiropractic Center, Dr. James Sylvia provides outstanding healthcare to the people of Goldsboro, NC and surrounding communities. Learn more about how we can help stop head and neck pain below.
What causes headaches?
With so many factors at play, pinpointing the exact cause of your headache is often challenging. However, common triggers include:
- Muscle tension: tension headaches can arise from muscle tightness in your neck, shoulders, and/or upper back as a result of repetitive strain, stress, and more.
- Migraines: while the exact cause of migraines is still being researched, certain triggers like foods, stress, lack of sleep, loud noises, bright lights, and more can bring them on.
- Stress: both physical and emotional stress can trigger the above types of headaches, so maintaining a balance is key.
- Postural issues: Bad posture adds unnecessary strain on the neck and shoulder musculature, leading to tension headaches.
- Hormonal issues: sudden changes in hormonal activity can bring on headaches, symptoms of which can be treated with chiropractic care.
How to treat headaches
Chiropractic care can provide relief from all kinds of headaches through non-invasive therapies. At Berkeley Chiropractic Center, our expertise in various chiropractic adjustments means we can come at complex problems with creative solutions. Dr. Sylvia specializes in chiropractic manipulative therapy, Gonstead, Diversified, Thompson Drop-Table, and Activator techniques to find the source of headache symptoms and relieve them.
Outside of traditional adjustments, we also employ the following:
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation: using light electrical stimulation, this type of therapy increases blood flow and relaxes the muscles of the head, neck, and shoulders.
- Traction table therapy: our traction tables create space between the joints, allowing for better range of motion and relieved tension.
- Hydrocollator packs: when applied to problem areas, these moist heating packs alleviate inflammation, joining pain, muscle stress, and more headache-related issues.
Ready to find relief from headaches? Schedule an appointment today
From the beginning, our mission at Berkeley Chiropractic Center has been to improve quality of life for the people of Goldsboro, NC, and alleviating headaches is just one piece of that puzzle. Get in touch with Dr. Sylvia and the rest of our team to stop headaches